The success of the Nike campaign awoke Alex to the wealth of untapped student power at Cornell. That knowledge guided his activities this year. As the Vice President of the Cornell Forensics Society, Alex promoted campus-wide dialogue by organizing and participating in a number of public debates. Alex`s belief in the power of the individual student to shape campus policies led him to pursue a range of important issues – as the Treasurer of Conflict-Free Cornell and the Vice President of Cornell Half in Ten.
Alex enjoys many segments of campus life. He works as a research assistant in the Labor Education Research Office, is a brother at Delta Upsilon and is the President of Cornell`s prelaw fraternity, Phi Alpha Delta.
If there is one thing that Alex has learned in his two years at Cornell, it is that the Cornell community can be a leader in making this world a better place. Giving a voice to students should be at the core of this mission. As trustee, Alex will use his experience to promote understanding of campus issues, and to transform that understanding into action.
- President, Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Law Fraternity, Cornell Chapter
- Vice President for Community Outreach, Half In Ten Cornell
- Vice President of Internal Affairs, Cornell Forensics Society
- Treasurer, Roosevelt Institute, Cornell Chapter
- Treasurer, Conflict-Free Cornell
- USAS Liaison, Cornell Students Against Sweatshops
- Research Fellow, ILR Extension Center
- Research Assistant, Labor Education Research Department
- Judicial Board, Delta Upsilon Fraternity
- ILR Student Ambassador
- TA for ILRLR 2300 Argumentation and Debate
Powered by Facebook Comments